Getting Started with the Affiliate Program
This guide contains four sections:
- Creating Links
- Identity Guidelines
- How To Get Reports
- How To Set Up Your Banking Information
Creating a link with your affiliate token is the most important part of the Affiliate Program. Locate your affiliate token and copy it. Find your affiliate token in your welcome email or in the PH Dashboard.
Without it, you won’t get paid!
- Go to the Apple Music Toolbox: http://tools.applemusic.com
- Search for the content you want to post in the search bar at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and paste your affiliate token by clicking on the blue icon
- Copy your link code now from the Embed Code box or the Direct Link.
TIP: You can also add an optional campaign token (CT) right in the Apple Music Toolbox!
OPTIONAL – Creating Manual Links
While the Apple Music Toolbox is your best option for link creation, you can also create links manually when necessary — for example, when creating a link for a piece of content not yet live.
- Add Your Affiliate Token to a Raw Link
Raw link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/no-one-ever-really-dies/1311935265
- Add geo. in front of the URL, i.e. https://geo.itunes.apple.com…. (so your link will work globally)
- Add ?app=music&at=123456 to the end of the URL (where 123456 is your affiliate token)
- Optional Campaign Token
When reporting, it’s helpful to include the project name. It’s called a CT. If you’d like to add this to a link, here’s how. CT’s cannot be more than 40 characters.
Final link: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/album/no-one-ever-really-dies/1311935265?app=music&at=123456&ct=pharrell_nerd
TIP: Shorten your links using your preferred link shortener (i.e. bit.ly, SmartURL, etc.)!
Please take note of the following common mistakes:
- It is important to copy your affiliate token instead of entering it manually. This will avoid inputting incorrect characters.
- Link should only have one question mark (?). Links with two question marks will not track properly.
- Do not include characters in the CT that will break the tracking. Those characters are: ? , ! , &.
Step 2 – Identity Guidelines
Refer to our Identity Guidelines for Apple Music to easily access all badges, lockups, icons, and proper guidance on messaging and style.
Badge: the new badge should be used in marketing material for web and onscreen communication. It is offered in multiple languages.
Lockup: More versatile and can be used with TV, print media, or any other high visibility material. It is offered in multiple languages.
Step 3 – How To Get Reports
With your links set up and integrated into your marketing, you’re able to track and download campaign results in the Performance Horizon dashboard (PH).
- Navigate to PH dashboard (you can find your login information in your welcome email).
- Click on “Reporting” in the top left menu bar
- Configure your report:
- Download your report:
Step 4 – How To Set Up Your Banking Information
This brings us to the best part; getting paid! We recommend setting up your bank account information as soon as you can to ensure proper and timely payment.
- Navigate to the PH dashboard.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Payment Method” – This will allow you to enter your banking information.
- You can choose to be paid out in a single currency (for most cases) or multiple currencies – Click on “Add Payment Method” and select your tracked currencies, and your paid currency preferences.
Some notes about payments:
You will need to enter your bank information including SWIFT/BIC code, and a minimum payment threshold. Once your commission has reached this threshold, your commission payment will be released. Depending on the payment currency preferences you selected, the minimum threshold may vary.
A SWIFT or BIC code is a unique identification code for financial intuitions required for all international payments. If you do not your bank’s swift code, you can reach out to your bank directly for this information or you can search online. If your bank does not support International payments, you can only be paid in the local currency.
You are responsible for the accuracy of your banking information. Payments cannot be made if your banking information is incomplete.