Program Application FAQ
What should I expect during the approvals process?
We are currently only accepting a limited number of partners who can drive significant volume and quality performance that meets Apple brand guidelines.
Once you submit your application to the program, we will review it and determine if you are a good fit. If you meet the requirements, we will reach out and let you know.
Why would an application be rejected?
An application will be rejected if you:
- Fail to provide a website, blog, or App Store link on your application.
- Appear to not be the legitimate website or property owner.
- Provide a URL to a website that is still under construction.
- Are an app developer and fail to provide a link to your app on the App Store or to your company’s website.
Reasons for a rejected application may include, but are not limited to, a website or content that:
- Volume and quality does not meet Apple requirements.
- Infringes Apple or third-party trademark rights.
- Contains sexually explicit material.
- Contains hate, violence or offensive content.
- Promotes discrimination.
- Promotes illegal activities or otherwise violates any applicable laws.
- Appropriates text or images from Apple’s websites or stores.
- Includes an Apple trademark in your domain name.
- Includes other inappropriate elements. What is deemed inappropriate is at Apple’s sole discretion.
If you would like to appeal a denied application, you can reach out to our Partner Support team and provide your name or company name, account username, email, and the date of your application.
What does it cost to join?
Nothing. It’s free to become a partner. Please be aware that working with any third party service providers to help optimize your performance as a partner or your website is at your own discretion and not required at all for participation in our program.
Is my website or app eligible for the Performance Partners Program?
We reserve the right to refuse any site that does not comply with our program terms and conditions. What is deemed inappropriate is at Apple’s sole discretion.
Can I change or negotiate the PH Terms and Conditions for the Performance Partners Program?
No, we will not do custom agreements or Terms and Conditions for individual partners. For current program documentation, please refer to or download the Terms and Conditions.
I've read all of the above and understand how the application process works. How do I apply?
You can apply here.