Commissions and Payments
1. Apple Music commissions are calculated based on the subscription type (Individual Membership, Family Membership, Student Membership) and local market rate. Apple Music is currently available in nearly 200 countries.
2. Apple News+ is currently available in US ($9.99/month), UK (£9.99/month), CA ($12.99/month CAD), and AU (A$ 14.99/month) Commissions are paid on membership based on the local market rate.
3. Apple TV+ is currently available over 100 countries and commissions are paid on membership and calculated based on the local market rate.
4. TV and Movie downloads and rentals pay as a percentage of sales revenue and currently pay commissions on links to the iTunes Store and TV App. No commissions are available on third-party channel subscriptions.
5. Transactions through the Apple TV App will have a cookie window of 30 days. Transactions through the iTunes Store will have a cookie window of 24 hours.
6. An Apple Watch Series 3 or later is required to use Apple Fitness+.
How do I know how much money I’ve earned?
You can run reports on sales, commissions, clicks and conversion rates through your Partnerize account dashboard. To ensure you are looking your earned commissions correctly in the Partnerize dashboard, please refer to our reporting guide.
“Payout" reflects the amount of commission you will earn, while “Revenue” is the total amount or value of purchases your users have made on any qualifying commissionable items from Apple Services (including Apple Music, Apple Books, TV, Movies, and more).
Can we submit a request to confirm monthly numbers?
We are not able to confirm monthly numbers. This can be done using the Partnerize Reporting dashboard.
What are the payment terms and how quickly will I be paid?
Apple pays Partnerize, our platform provider, who then releases funds via the payments platform with a simple, rapid bank transfer to the partner.
After you start generating sales and have hit the minimum payment threshold of $30 USD or equivalent for your chosen currency, your commission payment will be available approximately 60 — 90 days after the month’s end.
Can you sign an Insertion Order and pay me directly via an Apple PO?
No, payments to partners are made on behalf of Apple by Partnerize. To be a part of the program, you must also be a registered partner agreeing with the terms and conditions provided by the Partnerize platform. On the platform, you simply add your banking information for easy payment.
What currencies can I choose to be paid in?
You can request to be paid in any one of our 60 global currencies across 214 countries. Please visit https://partnerize.com/en/partners/payment-currencies for the complete list.
How do I set up my payment information?
To set up payment via your bank follow the steps below:
- Log into your dashboard and navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Click on “Add Payment method” and select “All” from the drop down menu for your Tracked Currency.
- You then want to make sure that “Paid Currency” and “Country” correlate.
- From here, you will be prompted to add banking details including a SWIFT/BIC code.
- A SWIFT or BIC code is a unique code for financial intuitions required for all international payments. If you do not know this, please contact your bank directly. If your bank does not support International payments, you can only be paid in the local currency.
- If you are located in the UK, you will be able to add your VAT (value-added tax) details here. Once completed you will receive VAT on future payments.
- Payment Date: Select a preferred day of the month for the auto selfbill to be automatically raised, providing the minimum threshold has been met. If you’ve set up the “Monthly Payment Date” for a day that doesn’t exist in the current month (like 29th, 30th, 31st in February), the auto self bill will be processed on the last day of the month.
- Threshold amount: Choose a custom amount, which must be met before an auto selfbill will automatically be generated (e.g. $100 USD). If you leave the threshold as 0, it will automatically trigger when the $30 USD threshold is met.
I’ve released a payment but my bank details aren’t correct, what should I do?
In this instance, please contact email@example.com immediately and Partnerize will attempt to stop the payment before it is processed or an amendment will be sent.
What is the difference between tracked currency and paid currency?
A tracked currency is the currency that a transaction was made in and thus comes through to the Partnerize platform. When setting up your payment details, you can set it up such that transactions paid in different currencies are paid into different accounts or all transactions are paid into one account (by selecting 'All' and selecting one paid currency).
If you elect to be paid in a currency that differs from the tracked currency, we make these payments via American Express and they will then apply the exchange rates before sending across the converted currency to yourself.
A paid currency is the currency that you elect to receive your commission payments. Regardless of what currency a transaction was tracked, you can elect to receive your commission payments in any currency that you like. Please keep in mind when selecting the currency that the bank account you have entered has the capability to support that particular currency.
How can I manually release a fund outside of my auto selfbill?
If you would like release a payment manually, or have opted out of the auto selfbill option, navigate to the “Payments” section of your dashboard.
Once Partnerize has received the funds for your approved sales, they will be made available for you to “withdraw” in the Payments > Selfbill section. Please note that each currency that has funds available for release must be done individually.
Will I be charged fees when I release funds?
Partnerize does not charge fees when funds are released. In certain situations, the bank receiving the funds may charge fees.
Am I able to combine payments to be released if they are under $30 USD or equivalent?
No, each tracked currency is required to hit the minimum threshold in order to be released.
Do I need to release each currency I’ve earned commissions in separately?
Yes, each currency that hits the required threshold equivalent must be released separately to your payment method of choice.
How can I see these payments that have been made to me?
In your Payments > Selfbill section please refer to the “Bill Table” in order to see the payment made, as well as the currency type. You can download an invoice by selecting the desired Reference # and then clicking on the “Actions” dropdown in the upper righthand corner. This will provide options to download a PDF with high-level details of the payment released. In addition, you can download a CSV providing an item-level report which outlines all transactions included in the invoice.
Once I release a payment in the selfbill, how long till it shows up in my bank account?
This depends on your bank. Some banks have a holding period of 48 hours until they release funds to their customers. If you do not receive your funds after 8 days of the “paid date” timestamp in your platform, please reach out to our support team.
What is the exchange rate you are using?
Currency is converted in the reporting console in real time and these rates will change every day based on daily fluctuations in FX rates. However, the CSV download in your payments section has a specific monthly exchange rate set by Open Exchange and used exclusively for invoicing — this will vary from the daily rates presented in the reporting console.
Any currency conversions are calculated using monthly rates from Open Exchange extracted at the beginning of each month. If the invoice includes sales covering two different months, two different rates will be applied on the invoice.
What is the tax on my payment?
Partnerize will not apply (add or deduct) taxes to your commission payments. You will be responsible for any applicable tax regulations outside of our platform.
Why does my reporting look different from my invoices?
The reporting console has daily FX rates that will always fluctuate based on the given currency you are reporting. However, when an invoice is generated, there is a special monthly average rate that will be applied across the entire billing period, which will naturally cause some discrepancy between both viewpoints. Depending on how often you check your reporting for the same timeframes, your discrepancies may extend by varying degrees.
Will VAT be included?
As all Apple Services partners are contracted to our UK entity, only UK VAT is payable to UK VAT registered companies. Please ensure your VAT information is populated prior to requesting payment
Can I have my VAT number included even if you can’t pay VAT into my country?
Yes, simply select “Not registered for VAT” but include your VAT number I the box provided and your VAT number will appear on your self-bill, whether VAT is included or not.
I forgot to update my VAT settings and I was paid without VAT when I’m registered for VAT, can I be paid the VAT for historic payments?
If you have been paid and believe you VAT should have been included, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you send us VAT only invoices for each currency of self-bill that has been paid without VAT, and we can arrange to pay the VAT element out. Simply update your VAT settings in the platform to have VAT automatically included going forward.
Can we send Apple or Partnerize a monthly invoice?
Neither Apple nor Partnerize will accept invoices from partners. All payments will be based on the amounts that are available in Partnerize for withdrawal for that fiscal month.
How can I reconcile my payments?
Transactions that occur in a fiscal period may not be captured in that invoice period. To see what transactions are in the current invoice cycle, you can download a CSV in the payments portion of the UI as noted earlier. This report will include a line item breakdown that will allow you to reconcile all transactions to the ones you are seeing in the reporting section of the UI. All other conversions will be included on the next invoice.
To download this item-level report, navigate to Payments and click on the “Actions” dropdown in the upper righthand corner. Select “CSV” for an item-level report which outlines all transactions included in the invoice.
I’ve updated my address and I need this reflecting on a self-bill that’s already been created.
If you contact email@example.com. We can recreate the PDF in the platform to reflect your updated address details. For further questions and specifications, please write into our Support Desk